About Dan Bochichio
Hi there! I’m Dan, but you can find me on most websites as “thedan1984″. I am currently a freelance SEO consultant working in upstate New York. I handle Web Development and SEO fulfillment for several companies located in and around Albany and the Capital District.
A few good reads, from the blog:
Scrapebox’s Hidden Treasures – Awesome, non-spammy ways to utilize this software.
SEO is Like a Great Video Game – The reason SEO has become a career and a hobby for me.
“Optimize” Your StumbleUpon Traffic – StumbleUpon with less bounce!
Host Your Own URL Shortener – A guide setting up your own URL shortening service.
A bit more about me…
I was born in 1984, in the town of Mahopac. I enjoyed a solid 10 years of growing up without the Internet. After sampling a sweet taste of that 14.4kbs connection, I was hooked. By the late 1990s I had built several fan-sites for games and groups I was apart of.
In 2004 I began freelancing professionally while finishing my degree at Purchase College. My main focus in the program was on web design and online media. My senior project took me on a week long adventure. I drove from New York, to a specific location in Texas without any directions, maps, or GPS to guide me. This project was called Mapless Quest.
From 2006 to 2008 I ran a media production company, KalKal Productions, with Sean Spatta. We produced videos and created websites for local bands from lower Hudson Valley.
In 2011, I started Monetized Web with the goal in mind that I’d like to help others succeed online by helping their online businesses grow. I’ve had much success with Internet marketing and thought it would be good to share my knowledge with business owners, bloggers, and online hobbyists.
If you own a website, and you want to earn money with it, you should get in touch with me, I can help you, or point you in the right direction. I am an experienced SEO and Web Developer and I’ve been around the Web long enough to know what works and what doesn’t. I keep up with standards constantly.
My Bucket List
I had never really been interested in creating an actual bucket list. Sure, I have goals, but I never saw a reason to create a checklist for such things. After some inspiration reads over on Life Listed, I felt like jumping on the bandwagon.
My current bucket list is as followed:
Tasks – Professional
- Attend an SEO conference
- Attend multiple industry events in a single year.
- Speak at a seminar.
- Publish a book.
- Receive 10 meaningful certifications.
- Learn Python
- Learn Ruby on Rails
- Successfully, be my own boss
Tasks – Personal
- Run a mile without stopping
- Run 5 miles without stopping
- Go on a 25 mile bike ride
- Go on a 50 mile bike ride
- Go on a 100 mile bike ride
- Go on a multiple day bike tour
- Ride a wave
- Climb a mountain
- Go Skydiving
- Go Hang gliding
- Go Scuba diving
- Convert home to renewable energy
Video Gaming & Hobby Goals
- Score 100,000 points in Dr. Mario for NES
- Score 1,000,000 points in Dr. Mario for NES
- Get a World Record in Dr. Mario for NES (currently 1,599,900)
Camping, Hiking, and Survival Skills
- Make a fire without matches or a lighter
- Make a fire with just wood and a blade
- Hike the Grand Canyan
- Hike around Yellowstone National Park
- Hike around Yosemite National Park
- Hike a segment of the Appalachian Trail
- Hike the entire Appalachian Trail
- Go on a 3 day hike
- Go on a 5 day hike
- Wing a road trip
- Drive around the border of the United States
- Drive to Alaska
- Drive to Las Vegas
- Travel to Hawaii
- Travel through all 50 States (24/50)
- Travel into Space
- Travel to the depths of the Ocean
- Go to a ghost town
- Go to Burning Man
- Go on an African Safari